Sunday, August 9, 2009

Belief or Faith, What do you have? part one

The book of revelation has been viewed by many over the past 100 years as a book which should be pushed off into a corner of the room, never to be discussed. I would even make the claim that some in the theological realm would like to tear it out and throw it away because it is one of the most controversal books within the scripture. The atheist and agnostics believe it's hype, fairy tale drama, and the christians believe it's a book for the atheists and agnostics, due to their lack of faith and belief in Christ, sort of a punishible by death saga for the evil bad guy in the movie.

The fact is it's one of the few books in the Bible that really tests your faith and or belief in God. The book was written for the christian, atheist and agnostic. The question is what part is written for whom? I claim the whole book was written for atheists, agnostics and numerous (more than 3 and less than 16) chapters where written for (church) christians. The book generates an abundance of questions, a few are;
  1. What is the tribulation?
  2. When does the tribulation occur?
  3. How much suffering is there prior to or during the tribulation?
  4. When is the church (christians) taken away?
  5. What is Armaggedon?
  6. What is the mark of the beast?
  7. Who is the Anti-christ?
  8. etc-etc.?

Now, let's examine several chapters of the book such as the SEAL judgements. I will use the main topic of the verse here, you should read the entire verse for yourself.

  • Seal judgements begin in revelation (6:1) end in (8:1)

  • First Seal (White Horse-Represent Anti-christ)

6 vs 1. Now I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals; and I heard one of the four living creatures saying with a voice like thunder, "Come and see." (2) And I looked and behold, a white horse.

  • Second Seal (Fiery Red Horse-Represent war)

vs 4. And another horse, fiery red, went out. And it was granted to the one who sat on it to take peace from the earth, and that people should kill one another;

  • Third Seal (Black Horse-Economic disaster)

vs 5. And I looked, and behold, a black horse, and he who sat on it had a pair of scales in his hand. (6) And i heard a voice in the midst of the four living creatures saying, a quart of wheat for a denarius.

  • Fourth Seal (Pale horse-Death and Hades)

vs 8. And I looked, and behold, a pale horse. And the name of him who sat on it was Death, and Hades followed with him.

  • Fifth Seal (Martyrdom)

vs. 9 When He opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the testimony which they held.

  • Sixth Seal (Fear upon all men)

vs 12 I looked when He opened the sixth seal, and behold, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became like blood.

  • Seventh Seal (Silence) The opening of this Seal is interesting, all of chapter 7 is skipped and this Seal is opened in chapter 8 vs

1 When He opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven for about half an hour. 2 And I saw the seven angels who stand before God, and to them were given seven trumpets.

Now I want to overlay a theology I believed and or have been taught by several ministers and or evangelists over the past twenty years; The seven seals are ORDERLY on how events will begin to unfold within revelations, and revelations is still to come.

I will first admint, maybe I MISUNDERSTOOD THEIR teaching, either way I want to clarify what I do not believe anymore, but what I have faith in.

I do not believe the Seven Seals are orderly and start with the opening of Seal One, yet I have faith in the Seals, and I factually have FAITH in this;

WE ARE IN THE BOOK OF REVELATIONS NOW, THE SEALS HAVE ALREADY BEEN BROKEN.... They are not numerically opened, they are broken as the LAMB CHOSE to reveal HIS REVELATION TO JOHN, not in what order they will affect the earth.

Look at chapter 5 vs 1;

vs 1 AND I saw in the right hand of Him who sat on the throne a scroll written inside and on the back, sealed with seven seals. (2) Then I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, "Who is worthy to open the scroll and to loose it's seals?"

Ladies and Gentleman, it is ONE SCROLL WITH SEVEN SEALS, not SEVEN NUMBERED SEALS, the seals are on ONE SCROLL. Secondly, when John used the word opened, He understood it has breaking it, snap it like a cookie...

Now let's go to chapter 6 vs 1;

vs. 1 Now I saw when the Lamb opened one OF the ItalicSeals; and I heard one of the four living creatures saying with a loud voice like thunder, "Come and see."

It's like saying I heard one of the four living creatures, John did not declare he heard the number one living creature, he claimed he heard one of them, same with the seals, one of them was broken, not the number one.

It was not the action of breaking the SEAL the living creature wanted John to see, it was the affect of breaking the seal the living creature wanted John to witness which released the judgements written (one scroll-seven affects) on the ONE SCROLL. The scripture is clear, He broke one seal then another, then another, there is nothing written where He broke SEAL NUMBER ONE, THEN SEAL NUMBER TWO etc-etc.

I have faith in the book of revalations and my faith assures me that we are under the judgement of the scroll. I have faith that Seal two, four and five have already been broken, and He has just snapped seal three, the seal of economic collapse.......

What do you have faith in, welcome to the revelation!!!

Next we will discuss the judgement trumpets, oh boy, this one is going to make blood vessels bust...

God Bless the repenter

The watcher.

No comments: